We all enjoy a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Some of us prefer it black. Others may add cream or sugar...but don't forget that you can also enjoy Full Bloom Coffee in your recipes!
Whether you are grilling chicken, barbecuing ribs or baking brownies, you can add the fresh aroma and taste of Full Bloom Coffee beans to give it a little something extra. Not only will it add another flavor and texture, but coffee also has its health benefits. Coffee beans are loaded with antioxidants, and can lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer's disease, just to name a few.
Below we have shared a few of our favorite recipes to get you started. Maybe you have already tried experimenting with coffee grounds in your recipes...if so, we'd love to hear about it!
This recipe is super easy, there's no baking required and it can feed an army!
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Egg Yolks (3)
- White Sugar (1/4 CUP)
- Vanilla Extract (2 TSP)
- Mascarpone Cheese (1-1/8 CUP)
- Ladyfingers (24)
- Brewed Full Bloom Coffee (1-1/2 CUP)
- Unsweet Cocoa Powder (1 TBSP)
- Beat egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until smooth and light yellow. Fold mascarpone into yolk mixture. Set aside.
- Dip ladyfingers briefly in coffee. Arrange 12 ladyfingers into bottom of 8x8 inch dish. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Repeat with remaining cookies and mascarpone.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with cocoa just before serving.
What's easier than baking brownies? Follow the standard recipe, but spice things up with fresh coffee grounds!
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Unsalted butter (12 TBSP)
- Ground Full Bloom Coffee (1/2 CUP)
- Granulated Sugar (1-1/2 CUP)
- Vanilla Extract (1/2 TSP)
- Salt (1/4 TSP)
- Eggs (3)
- Cocoa Powder (1 CUP)
- All-Purpose Flour (1/3 CUP)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 inch cake pan.
- Melt butter over medium heat in small sauce pan. Add coffee grounds, then remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain butter through fine mesh sieve into large mixing bowl. Press to extract as much butter as possible. Once strained, the melted butter should have tiny particles of coffee in it.
- Add sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs to the butter, then whisk to combine. Add cocoa powder and flour.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature. Slice and serve!
This is by far the easiest recipe to incorporate coffee and is full of flavor! You can essentially take any rub recipe for chicken, salmon, steak or ribs and add coffee grounds to the mix. In our recipe below, try it on steak!
What you'll need:
- Chili Powder (1/4 CUP)
- Ground Full Bloom Espresso Coffee (1/4 CUP)
- Paprika (2 TBSP)
- Brown Sugar (2 TBSP)
- Dry Mustard (1 TBSP)
- Salt (1 TBSP)
- Ground Black Pepper (1 TBSP)
- Ground Ginger (1 TSP)
- Canola or Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Preheat pan over high heat. Brush each side of steak with oil and then season each side generously with salt and pepper. Rub 2 tablespoons of coffee rub onto 1 side. Cook steak, rub side down until golden brown about 3-4 minutes. Flip steak and cook for a couple more minutes. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Cook steaks in oven about 8 minutes until they come out medium-rare.
Fruitcake (Yes, we said FRUITCAKE!)
'Tis the season for fruitcake! (We had to get festive somehow.) You can entertain your guests this season with a totally new take on the holiday classic.
What you'll need:
- All-Purpose Flour (3-1/2 CUP)
- Ground Cinnamon (2 TSP)
- Salt (1 TSP)
- Ground Cloves (1 TSP)
- Ground Nutmeg (1 TSP)
- Dried Currants (3-1/3 CUP)
- Raisins (3 CUP)
- Brewed Full Bloom Coffee at room temperature (1 CUP)
- Baking Soda (1 TSP)
- Softened Butter (1 CUP or 2 sticks)
- Light Brown Sugar (2 CUP)
- Eggs (4)
- Molasses (1 CUP)
- Two 9x5x3 loaf pans
- Preheat oven to 250 with oven rack in middle position. Lightly grease loaf pans with oil. Line bottom and sides with foil.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Toss currants and raisins with 2 TBSP flour mixture in a bowl. Stir together coffee and baking soda in small bowl until it dissolves.
- Beat together with butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until fluffy. Add eggs. Add molasses. On low speed, add flour mixture until smooth. Fold in dried fruit mixture.
- Divide batter between loaf pans. Smooth tops gently.
- Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Cool pans on racks 10 minutes before loosening foil. Turn cakes onto racks. Cool completely for 3 hours.
Full Bloom Coffee Roasters
Handcrafted In Small Batches
Want to share your favorite coffee-infused recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Email your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org!